Saturday 9 April 2011

Here comes the bride!

First lot of wedding invitations finally finished woohoo! so I can finally settle down to some sort of normality for a couple of weeks before I start the next lot. Anyway, today I thought I would show you what will be the first of three wedding projects that I will be sharing with you throughout the following week. I have had this card made for some time now, but had forgotten to post it.

The Here Comes the Bride image is a digi stamp from Karen's Doodles, coloured in Photoshop, the pink paper is from the pink silk ribbons set from The Clipart Fairy, I made the heart and rectangle frame from the same paper. I inked around the edges of the card, papers and flower with a pink fluid chalk ink pad. The flower was made using circles of crepe paper, scrunched up around a brad through the centre. The fern was made using a punch given to me by my friend Karen a long time ago. Pearl hearts, flat backed pearls and white ribbon are from stash, and as usual a very liberal sprinkling of glamour dust finishes it off.





I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Karens Doodles - fancy and feminine
Card Makin' Mamas - embellish it!
Charisma Cardz - Wedding/anniversary
Crafts and Me - Glitter
Going Grey with Scrap Creations - pick 3 - ribbon, flowers, pearls
The Stamping Boutique - Handmade flowers


16 comments:

Karen said...

Love it! Almost makes me wish I was the bride - not for the bloke, but for the dress! As usual everything is beautiful, your cards are just perfect. I love the 'Carnation', it is so realistic. Gorgeous!!!!!

Sheila said...

Wow Colette, this is absolutley GORGEOUS!!!.
Thanks for joining us this week at C&M.
Hugs
Sheila xx

kitty said...

Great Card - the characters are so happy which of course is how a wedding day should be. x

Miranda said...

cute card Colette, very lovely
thanks for joining us at the TSB challenge
hugs
Miranda

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Colette, what a beautiful wedding card. I love the image and colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

The Fairy said...

love it Colette :)
hugs
Wendy x

angelwhispers said...

Colette this is just gorgeous and love the design!!!

My daughter is getting married just after christmas (brought forward as she suddenly decided she would like a christmas wedding!!! so I am just starting her stationery!! The joy I must say I hate repeating things so this is going to be fun!!! Chanelle xxx

Allison said...

super wedding card
Thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
Allisonx

Anne said...

oh wow this is pretty, perfect for any bride and groom.
Thanks for joining us this week on Karen's Doodles
Anne x

Anonymous said...

Just fabulous Colette! xx

April said...

Awe...this is soooo sweet! Just totally cute!!! Thanks for joining TSB challenge!

Vee said...

This is really gorgeous. Such a fabulous image. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Carisa said...

so cute! love the heart bling. thanks for playing with us at Crafts and Me Challenges this week!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card!

Axa said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Heide said...

Super wedding card. Love the flower. Thanks for joining us at TSB.
Hugs Heide