Sunday 29 January 2012

Wedding Invitation samples - Part 1

Today I have a few wedding invitation samples to show you using some Clipart Fairy papersI have put these together for Mei from MeiFlower, as she has samples on show around her stall when she is at the craft shows.
I have done the stationery for quite a few weddings in the past and I have vowed never again, unless my own daughter ever decides to get married of course!

To be honest I wasn't going to post anything over the weekend as I  have the chesty cough/cold bug that is going around at the moment and I'm not feeling too brilliant, but it was one of those occasions where an idea just pops into your head and you can't get rid of it until you have made it. The problem was that one idea developed into another and then another and in total I ended up making five samples. Three of them are here today, the other two will be up tomorrow.




Paper  – theclipartfairy.com  – Ice Queen paper pack
Fancy Font  – JellyKa - Love and Passion - dafont.com


Teal Satin ribbon, White organza ribbon, pearls and pearl slider – meiflower.co.uk
(By the way the Teal ribbon is on offer at the moment a 23 metre roll for only 99p)



Papers – theclipartfairy.com  – Tri-Flap kit one
Initials – Font -Chopin Script – dafont.com
Dies – X-cut nesting dies – doorplate large - Crafts U Love
Ribbon, gems and heart slider – meiflower.co.uk


Papers – theclipartfairy.com – Modern Heritage CD
Frames  – X-cut Nesting dies – Square Parenthesis – craftsulove.co.uk
Initials were printed onto card in a very pale grey colour and then the crystals were arranged over them.
Crystals, metallic cord and double heart charm – meiflower.co.uk

I always try to make wedding invitations quite simple because when you have to make lots it can be very time consuming. The one with the initials in crystal looks simple,but making up the initials took a while and I don't think I would use this idea if I had to make more than about 20.

I'll see you tomorrow with the last two.
Colette xx

6 comments:

Daniele said...

stunning elegant cards Colette, love the sliders
hugs

Karen said...

Oh Colette - these are lovely, just perfect.
Hope you feel better soon - keep taking the Lemsip!?!
Love Karen xx

hazel young said...

morning colette, love your designs especially love the backing paper on the first card. get well soon xx hazel

Vicki said...

Oh these are beautiful Colette, I'm sure Mei will be delighted with them. Fab idea using digi, I never thought of this.

Hope you're feeling better soon ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Roma said...

Gorgeous invitations colette!lovely papers & ribbons & slides.

hope your feeling better soon ,take care x

Becky said...

All of these are awesome. So elegant.