Wednesday 28 March 2012

The Egguarium

My grandson's school are holding their Easter Bonnet and Decorated Egg competition today and I mentioned at the weekend that I had been busy helping Will with his decorated egg, so I thought I would show you what we have been up to.

Tadaaaa!.....The Egguarium

I used various freebie digi stamps to make up the background and then Will coloured it in, we then had lots of fun in the garden with tacky glue and sand to make a sandy bottom for our tank, which we then decorated with shells, dewdrops, some bits from stash and lots of tissue paper anemones.
Will painted the egg yellow, picked out some pearl papers for the scales and then used an oval punch to punch them out, I cut out the tail and fin for him and then we stuck everything on the egg with double sided tape, his eyes are black stick on gems and his mouth is a dewdrop.
The fish is sitting on a coral reef (made from those squidgy shapes you sometimes get in parcels, glued together), which again is decorated with tissue paper, shells and dewdrops. I cut, scored and folded acetate and used double sided tape to make up the egguarium.

Will insisted that we needed to add glitter to the seaweed as his teacher would absolutely love it if we did, (a women after my own heart LOL!) so here he is with my quickie glue pen, drawing on lines for adding his next lot of glitter.

Will was going to my mum's house straight afterwards and left here glittering from head to toe.

Thanks for looking,
Colette xx


4 comments:

Maritha said...

That is just an EXELENT Egguarium....... well done you two!!! =)

Hugs

Karen said...

Fintastic job Will (and Colette), really eggcellent!!!
Will, I think you take after Nanny Col with your crafting talent. Well Done - Gold Star!
Love, Karen x

littlebee said...

What a great idea, fabulous colouring Will...... I hope you don't mind Collette but my grandaughter, Elizabeth wanted to try this when she saw Will's so thats what we've been doing for the past couple of hours. She is going to show hers off at school tomorrow.

Daniele said...

what a wonderful project, loks like both of you had fun with this.....inspirational
hugs