Sunday 27 May 2012

Clipart Fairy Hat Trick

Today I have three cards to show you all made from the On The Bench Mega Kit. This is a fabulous kit that not only contains five papers, but also two different shaped toppers, the graphic and decoupage layers, so there is lots of versatility.

My first card is an A5 landscape, pretty straightforward and quick to make. I layered the image, but instead of using the decoupage in the kit I did it my own way, using quite a few layers.

I added wording to one of the topper sets and embossed the white panel with a Crafts-Too Footballs embossing folder, the pearls are from Meiflower.

My second card is an Easel card. I wanted to make the image the  main focus on this one, so I re-sized it, so that it would fill the square base card.
Once again the image is decoupaged but there's not quite as many layers on this one. The white panel has been embossed with the Footballs folder, I'm not sure where the large football graphic came from, it's been on my hard drive forever and the ribbon is from Meiflower.

My final card was a bit of an experiment, one of my Teddy Bo Teamies has made a pocket card for this coming Tuesdays post, and I really liked it, so thought I would have a go myself. I knew how to make the pocket, but wasn't sure how to make it stand up. I was sitting at the computer thinking about this when I spotted my grandson's school picture on the shelf next to me, it's not in a frame, just in the mount that came with it, and I realised immediately that it was basically a pocket card. I turned it over and used the back of the mount as a template for my card.



Once again I used the Footballs embossing folder and ribbon and pearls from Meiflower



Here's the card with the tag and the back of the card, it stands brilliantly!

Thanks for stopping by
Colette xx

3 comments:

Tammy said...

These are fab, I love your easel card and think I need that embossing folder. TFS xx

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the fab boy image...

Karen said...

Great images for football mad little boys (and big boys too!)
Never seen that embossing folder.
Love the easel card.