Thursday 17 May 2012

D'Arcy's Diaries New Challenge

It's time for a new Challenge over on the D'Arcy's Diaries blog and along with a new challenge comes some new releases.

This time around the challenge is......
Pennants/Bunting
we would like to see you use bunting on your card or project, or the bunting could be your actual project, it's entirely up to you. You have until Tuesday 29th May Midnight (GMT) for you entries to reach us and the winner gets to choose five fabulous D'arcy Digi's.

Here's my DT card for the challenge using one of the new releases

Image - DD_048 - coloured in Photoshop
Graduation shaper kit - Clipart Fairy
Sentiment - computer generated
Bunting - computer generated
Metallic cord and pearls - Meiflower

This weeks New Releases


Pop over to the challenge blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of my fabulous teamies.

I thought I would show you the fabulous birthday present I got from my Grandson's, my daughter has a friend who makes personalised bags, she paints a picture on the front of the bag of a big eyed girl and matches the eye and hair colour to the recipient, adding their name and something to do with their interests (mine has a pile of books as I love to read).


Isn't it brilliant, I just wish I was that slim and that my eyelashes were that long (short and blonde unfortunately) LOL!
I think you can order them through Facebook, but she only takes orders on the first of the month as she usually fills her order book up for the whole month in just one day, (they are very popular!).

In my last post I mentioned that I was off to see a Westlife concert that evening with my friend -well I never got there - very sadly my friend's brother in law was rushed into hospital on Tuesday afternoon and passed away at 8pm that evening, he was 51 years old, the same age as Julie and I. He died of a Pulmonary Embolism. Julie and I will have been friends for 40 years this September, and I would like to take this opportunity to send heartfelt condolences to her and her family.

Life is fragile, make the most of every minute
hugs to you all,
Colette xx


3 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, I just love everything about this and that image is so sweet...

Karen said...

Great card - image is fab and sentiment is perfect. You know I love your cards, you always put everything together so well.
Love the bag!
Sorry about Julie's brother in law - very sad.
Lots of love,
Karen x

Roma said...

Gorgeous card
the bag is so cute !