Sunday 9 June 2013

A Christmas Chuckle

My first Christmas card of 2013, made on a beautiful warm sunny day, something not quite right there LOL!

In October 2010 I bought a decoupage download from Craftusprint because as soon as I saw it the idea for a card popped into my head, with DT work and other commitments I never got the time to make up the card but the download was never forgotten, every now and then it would pop into my mind, I knew it was in a safe place until I found the time to make the card.  Well guess what? that day finally arrived yesterday, I printed out my decoupage sheet, some papers and wording and set about making the card I had planned all those years earlier.



and what exactly does Mrs Claus find when she opens up her present.........


Cheeky Santa Doodles Decoupage - Lee Jacobs at Craftusprint
Digital Papers and frames - Holiday Hoopla and Santa Baby - Just So Scrappy and Crazy 4 Monograms Dotty Border - Tonic Geared border punch
Polar White flower soft
All wording computer generated
Ribbon and red gems - Meiflower 

Well there you have it, might have taken a while but I got there in the end!

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges

Crimbo Crackers  - #43 Make me laugh
ABC Christmas Challenge - K is for Kept safe (my kept safe item is my decoupage download)
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Must be Christmas - Use 6 or more layers (santa contains 6 layers of decoupage)


Thanks for stopping by,
hugs,
Colette xx

5 comments:

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Ho, ho, ho - what a great card! Love the texts. Hugs from Lisbeth

Karen said...

Oh Colette - that is so funny! Glad you finally got to put your idea together - it was worth the wait. ;-) Great card design. x

Michelle B. said...

Haaa, thanks for the chuckle! Very creative, well done! So glad you joined us for our Kept Safe challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Bettina L. said...

Fabolous card. Love the design with the ribbon and punched edges and that fun santa.Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

Tip Top said...

Hehehe - fantastic! I'm a fan of Lee's digi's too!

Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers