Sunday 24 November 2013

Ultimate Kits

Hi there, this week Paper Creator is introducing it's new Ultimate kits, these kits are great value for money, containing a Sassy Cheryl illustration, a selection of colour matched papers, a ready to print easel card, a fancy layered topper which comes in two sizes, and a couple of extras too and all for only £3 - the topper is designed to be used with dies and the sheet tells you which die to use. If you don't have the correct dies then that's no problem either as the shapes can easily be hand cut which is what I did as I didn't have the matching die.
I was lucky enough to get a chance to play with some of the kits before their release this weekend and to show how versatile they are I decided to make a collection of cards all from one kit.

Today I will show you a group photo of the cards I made and one of the cards with some quick instructions for making up, and then during the week I will show the other cards individually.

I used the Joy Ultimate Kit for all these cards.

First up is the bow front card.
For this card I started with a white 6 x 6 inch square gate fold card.
I covered the front panels with swirly paper from the kit.
Next I cut out the scalloped topper base, then with the card closed, I laid the scalloped base centrally across the "doors" of the card, drew around the shape with a pencil and cut out.
I fixed striped paper from the kit to the inside of the card and then with the "doors" closed, added the topper to the striped paper, through the closed doors to match the shape. I used a circle die to cut a mat and  fixed the topper layers into place using foam pads.
I cut a piece of acetate the same height as the card but 2cms wider than the card base then put double sided tape around the inside of each door and fixed the acetate inside the card - this makes the bowed front.
I punched two borders from another paper from the kit, trimmed to length and added to the top and bottom of the card, fixing ribbon across one piece before attaching to card.
To finish off I added a bow, word art from the kit, some die cut hearts and a punched snowflake.

This picture shows a better view of the bowed shape.

Lifestyle nesting circle dies
Memory box Precious Hearts dies
Tonic geared border punch - Diamond swing border
X-cut palm punch snow crystal - large
Metallic edged ribbon and stick on gems - Meiflower

See you in the week with another card from the collection
hugs,
Colette xx



4 comments:

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.
Hugs
Jayne

Sharon said...

These are gorgeous Colette. The card you have showcased today is fabulous and I will look forward to seeing the rest. The kits are certainly value for money.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon x

Roma said...

Wow these are gorgeous !
fab images ,papers & brilliant colours x

Lau W said...

Fabulous work !! love this kit !
xxx