Thursday 30 January 2014

Sympathy - tree and wreath

Sympathy cards are not always the easiest things to have to make, and even more so if you are making them to give to family or friends who have recently lost loved ones. For this reason I like to make a couple when I  don't really have to and then put them away until they are needed.

Today I have two to show you, both inspired by shop bought cards - it's amazing how inspiration strikes when you least expect it - I was looking at cards we had been given after the loss of my father-in-law and two of them caught my attention, both of them because the designs on the cards reminded me of dies I had in my collection and had never used and so an idea was born.

I loved the symbolism of this card, the single leaf gently falling to the ground,which to me represented the deceased family member gently taking leave of the family.

Die - Tree with w/hearts and leaves - Cottage Cutz (retired)
Digital papers - Petal Fresh - Nitwit Collections
Silver mirri card


Pearl and silver card stock
Sentiment computer generated and printed onto pearl paper - Anna Marie
Die - Catalina Wreath - Memory Box
Gems - Meiflower

Thanks for dropping by,
hugs,
Colette xx


2 comments:

Lau W said...

2 lovely cards, sweet an delegant...
xxx

Roma said...

Beautiful cards & i love your valentine cards you have made too x