Friday 19 December 2014

A gift for Nan

I'm off to see Aladdin at the Liverpool Empire tomorrow with Meg and Will, we go to the panto every year, (it's a bit of a Christmas tradition), and they are always fabulous. One of the things I love about the Empire panto is that they always have local celebrities playing the main parts so I'm looking forward to seeing Ray Quinn as Aladdin and Claire Sweeney as the genie.

Once again today I have something that is not a card to show you - a couple of weeks ago my daughter Stacy asked me if I could do "one of those pictures with all the words mixed up"(her words exactly), as she wanted me to make one for my mum (her Nan) for Christmas, containing all the names of the grandchildren and great-grandchildren along with a few other words, including Sunday dinner, as Stacy and the boys, go to my mum's every Sunday for lunch.
I made the Word Cloud in a heart shape and then printed it out, added an outline of glitter around the word Nanny and put it into a box frame from Ikea, (Eric had re-sized the mount board first), then I finished it off with some lace, die-cut rolled roses, leaf flourishes and a pretty heart embellishment I found in my stash.


Frame - Ribba - Ikea
Rolled Roses - Marianne creatables
Petite Vinery die - Sue Wilson
Lace and wire hearts embellishment - Stash


Stacy was really pleased with it so she's asked me to make a couple more, in pink, for her neices.

Thanks for stopping by,
hugs,
Colette xx

8 comments:

Lau W said...

Wouah !! this is fabulouuuuus ! Great idea wow !
xxx

Christine L said...

This is FAB-U-LOUS Colette... and I'm sure she will treasure it! Clever Eric resizing the mount card too!

Now the Empire pantos take me back... I went to them from a little girl (my Dad was a bus driver for Ribble in the times when they had Christmas outings for the kiddies!) - I always loved them and took my girls too. The only one I didn't like had Margi Clarke as the Fairy Godmother... she took some of her funny lines a step too far - and I didn't feel it was for the children. Ah well... one bad one out of all those I went to - can't be bad!

Hugs
Christine x

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Colette, such a wonderful gift - I'm sure it will be treasured.
Pauline
x

littlebee said...

Love the frame gift Colette, would love to make these for my family. Can you share how you made all the words fit the heart shape please. Sue x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Colette I am loving the colourful word cloud in the heart shape. Such a wonderful way you framed it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Colette said...

Hi Sue, used a free program I found online called Tagxedo.

Karen said...

This is fabulous Colette, great job! Something to be treasured. x

littlebee said...

Thanks Colette, will have a go myself. Have a wonderful Christmas. Sue x