Sunday 8 February 2015

Froggy went a-courting!

I had a lovely few hours at the craft show in Manchester yesterday, catching up with Mei and stocking up on some desperately needed supplies, although I also ended up buying more desperately needed supplies that I didn't even know I desperately needed until I saw them LOL!

While travelling the world wide web a few days ago, I came across this quirky digi-stamp of a frog making a heart with his hands, as I love a bit of quirk, he hopped into my collection and was immediately coloured up and made into a card.

Digi-stamp - Carl I Love You - Scribbles Designs
Papers - Hello, I Love You digital scrap kit - The Digital Press
Tonic layering dies - Scalloped circles, Plain circles
Sentiment - computer generated
Sparkly heart - Meiflower

I decoupaged Carl so his hands, head and eyes stand out, here's a a photo from the side to try and show the layers.

I am entering my card into the following challenges

Allsorts - #297 - Love is all around
Artbymiran Challenge - #25 - Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - #84 - Love is in the Air
Fussy and Fancy - #132 - It's All About Love
Kitty Bee Designs - #40 - Valentine/Love
Aud Sentiments Challenge - #124 Valentine or Love Sentiment
Creative Knockouts - #75 Hearts A Flutter (include a heart)


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look,
hugs,
Colette xx

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a cute frog love the way you have added the sentiment .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Sarah said...

This is brilliant Colette, so unusual and such fun xx

Becky said...

OH MY, this is fabulous Colette! Love the image, which you colored beautifully and love the design paper.

Lau W said...

Oh this frog is cuuuuuuuuute, love thise image !
Your design is wonderful, superb card !
xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Colette I'm soooo jealous of you going to a show, there's simply not enough of them up north!

I do absolutely love that frog image, this would be perfect for my 16 year old son ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Sharon said...

This is so cute Colette. Love the frog and design.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Milka Gubo said...

WOW! Beautiful card! Love the image, design, papers!!! :-D
Thank you so much for joining us in Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :-D
Milka DT

Christine L said...

Definitely 'a bit of quirk' Colette... he's such a fab froggie... and you've made put just the right papers and design behind him! I LOVE your shading on him too.. wow!! And of course, I'll be singing your title (complete with the 'ah -hmmmmm' chorus) for the rest of the evening! I did chuckle yesterday at your 'Chrissy the Pink' thought!

Glad you were able to stock up on supplied... hope the show was good. Harrogate show is in March... but it's been going downhill just lately.... still, I may just have to DRAG myself there... LOL! Such a hardship!

Hugs
Christine x

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

OMG... I LOVE Carl... I have a thing for amphibians!!! hehehe... you've colored him so AMAZING!!!! The entire card is gorgeous!!! Thank you for adding a Scribbles Designs image to your collection!! :)

Sandy S said...

Fabulous card Colette... I love Carl being layered! And your coloring is awesome....

One of my DT found your post and she popped me the link...

Sandy S
(Scribbles Designs, Owner/Designer)

Joanne said...

Adorable! Love the design and pretty details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts this week and Good Luck. We hope you join us again. Joanne

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card !!! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Joey said...

Your colouring is stunning, thanks for joining us at art by mi ran. Jo x

Anonymous said...

This is a WOW card , love everything about it , super cute image and your coloring is awesome !!Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Coffee and cards for our "Love is in the Air " Challenge - DT - Crystal

Babi Kind said...

Beautiful card. Love the frog and your coloring. Thank you for playing along at Art by Mi Ran challenge. Hugs Babi