Thursday 13 July 2017

Simply cards and papercraft 165 and free papers

I have some cards to show you that were made for the latest issue of Simply Cards and Papercraft which is in the shops today.
I was given some digi stamps to play with from the Kate Hadfield Animal Antics collection and a colour scheme of deep pink, blue, yellow, green and purple.
After looking around for papers to suit the colour scheme I decided to design my own, and if you like the look of them you can download them for free from HERE, there are 18 papers all together, 12 patterned and 6 plain.You can also download the digi stamps for free too.





... and now changing the subject completely... a little tale about one of my senior moments...

I have owned a Kindle for quite a few years now, and it has become the normal way to read a book - read a page, click on the right hand side of the screen and the next page appears, simple! - but I have recently joined a sewing group in my local library and sitting there surrounded by books, occasionally something will catch my eye that looks interesting.
In the end I dug out my library card and borrowed a "proper" book, I sat down to read, but found it a struggle to hold the book as it was quite large and cumbersome, not small and light like my Kindle, but then I did the stupidest thing ever! after reading the first page, I automatically pressed the corner of the book to turn the page LOL!, when it didn't change I pressed again, totally perplexed as to why it wasn't changing, duh! once I  realised what I was doing, I had a little giggle to myself at my own stupidity and carried on reading, but every now and then without thinking I would press the edge of the page to turn over, what a doofus!.

I have read several "proper" books now and am once again used to the feel and weight of holding a book and the huge effort it takes (hehe)! to manually turn the pages.

Thanks for stopping by,
take care,
hugs,
Colette xx



1 comment:

Christine L said...

Fabulously colourful and cheerful creations Colette... and WOW to your own papers!! I'll definitely be popping over to download them - you're so clever!

I did chuckle when I read your 'senior moment' tale... cos I've done that before too!!

Christine x